Monday, January 19, 2015

Things Start Rolling

Things started changing the end of January and the first of February. Derrick took me to Iron man 2 at the cheap theater one night. I was complaining my hands were cold (apparently this is a tactic of very good flirting girls, I am not one of those and had no clue). Derrick, hearing this, thought I was flirting so he moved his hand over, palm up, to hold my hand. I, still being a blonde, was thinking, uhm that looks like he wants to hold my hand....QUICK make him realize I don't! So I put the back of my hand on the back of his hand for a split second. I told him I was going to warm my hands up under the faucet water of the bathroom. I ran in the bathroom and just looked in the mirror super shocked. "Did that really happen?" That's when I first thought, well maybe he does like me.

After that night we started hanging out more. Most the time I went to his apartment to hang out. He once suggested we watch a movie. I quickly agreed and reached for the flicker to change the TV to find a movie. He looked at me and said, well maybe we could watch a movie on my Ipad instead. He was so smooth! So of course to see the small screen we had to sit very close on the couch. The next time we watched a movie he got me a blanket....well that's what I thought. But being the sneaky little guy he is, we ended up sharing the blanket. You may be wondering if I was really that dense....yes, yes I was. I had liked Derrick for so long and many times I thought he liked me only to find out he thought we were just friends. Even after watching movies sitting closely on the couch sharing a blanket and him playing footsies with me, I just was not sure.

Then came February 14th. Yup, valentines day. By this time I had a good idea that he slightly liked me. That night I was babysitting when he texted me and asked if we could do something. I was so excited! I told him that we could as soon as I got done babysitting. Once I finished babysitting I was driving back into Rexburg. I texted him quickly so I could maybe just meet him at his apartment instead of driving to mine. I told him I really wanted some ice cream (hint hint come with me hint hint). He jokingly said, "well then go get some." I however did not know it was a joke and I was devastated! It felt like a knife to the heart. I went back to my apartment and cried to my roommates. I texted him back and told him he had been rude. He obviously was joking and replied no I wasn't. Instead of texting him  I called my mom and told her the whole story. The next morning I decided to go home. (I didn't want to tell derrick because he had asked me to possibly go to a party with him later that weekend). With my sisters advice I didn't text him at all until Sunday morning. It was the best text I have ever gotten. Derrick apologized for being rude. He apologized when I was the one that read it wrong. At that moment it just enforced to me what a wonderful man he was. He asked me if I would come back and go skiing with him on Monday. 

I came back that Friday and met him at his house. We went to Kelly Canyon, I skied and he boarded. We had a great time and even saw/talked with Jessica Jensen, an Olympic athlete from Idaho. More specifically she is Derrick's neighbor. Again Derrick tried to pull some moves on me, but I was completely dense and did not respond accordingly. As we were getting on the chair lift, Derrick had to put his arm on the back of the chair to get on. It's not a huge deal, he had done it every time we had gotten on the chair lift. But then he moved his arm down from the bar and put it on my side. I, being an IDIOT, felt his hand on my side and stiffened up like a board and said nothing. I looked straight forward trying to ignore the fact that this guy who I had liked for so long was trying to pull a move on me! I may have been absolutely still and sober as he had his arm so lovingly around me, but my mind was running a million miles a minute. My mind was screaming, "What do I do?". 

He saw this whole situation a lot differently. We were talking and having a great time on the lift. Now was the perfect time to slip my hand around her waist and pull her in to lovingly sit on the ski lift together. (He does this.) 'Oh no she quit talking, her back stiffened up, she isn't saying anything! Does she even know my hand is there, can she feel it through the layers of coats? Yeah she definitely knows it's there she hasn't said a word and won't look at me! Oh no this is not going well. ABORT ABORT!" (Well at least this is what I bet he was thinking)

And abort is what he did. He quickly pulled his hand back onto the bar behind me and we pretended nothing happened. :) Poor guy, I was the hardest girl to flirt with. I'm glad he kept to it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment