Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Beginning

I've decided to create this blog to remember the great times that Derrick and I have had, are having and will have. It should be fun!! :) I wanted to back track for a bit and remember the great times that derrick and I had while being friends and dating.

It all started the day I saw the new hires coming into the Biomat Plasma Center in the Fall of 2012. I had been working at the plasma center for a year as a phlebotomist. That day, I saw two very handsome boys walk in. I had remembered one of my old coworkers (Derrick's older brother) say his little brother was going to start working at the plasma center, but I didn't know if either of these boys were his little brother. As time went on I got to know both the new hires and became friends with both. For some reason though, one of the guys stood out. I apparently called my mom and talked to her about this one boy named....duh duh duh....Derrick! I told her that he was super hot and how nice he was. She asked me if I was going to go for him, and, I being the very uncoordinated nerdy person I was (and am), I replied with, "oh no mother! He is the type of guy you would marry not just date!".

As the months went on Derrick and I became friends, going out for ice cream, helping each other with homework, andddd talking about other girls :(. Unfortunately, or fortunately, our work place has a gossip ring the size of Saturn; and Derrick was told I liked him. So knowing he knew he liked me and he still talked to me about other girls, I had to come to the decision of either being a friend or not being around at all. I realized I rather be friends with derrick than lose the opportunity of a great friendship. Although there were times I wanted to punch him, it was still the best decision ever. We had a great group of friends from the plasma center and ended up having a ton of fun.

In the spring of 2013 I decided to go to Mexico on a school tour. So I quit the plasma center and drove to SLC to fly to Mexico. Derrick had been texting me through the day. I can remember getting on the plane in Houston, Texas. It would be the last time I had service. I remember feeling so sad that I had to say good bye to him for a "whole" month. We were just friends, but I still slightly liked him. I mean how could I not! He is a catch :)

When I returned we caught up with each other and were friends just like always. And just like always we talked about other girls. I had made up my mind that this was okay and that if we weren't meant to be then I would be a good friend and hope he found an amazing girl. It wasn't until about August 2013 that I visited Rexburg, and of course hung out with derrick. He offered to drive to Idaho Falls, with me, to pick out some jeans for my cousin who was at EFY in Rexburg. We were driving down the highway with the sun setting and we were both dancing and singing to the radio. It was at this time that I realized how lucky I was to have a best friend like him.

I started school that fall and we were friends like usual. It wasn't until half way through the semester that we seemed to just stopped seeing each other. I was in the Paramedic Program and he was busy with school, work, basketball, and girls. Suddenly we reconnected in December...right before I went home for Christmas break :(.

We continued to talk throughout the break and were as close of friends as always. I however could not hold up my charade of not liking him. I came to the point where I decided I would quit trying to say the things I thought he wanted to hear, and just be me. I started making a point to ask him to do things, told him how I felt about the type of girls he kept going for, and being honest. And apparently it worked. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment